Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Knee Deep in Rehearsal!

Whew! One week to opening night of "Anton in Show Business" and I am feeling great about the show. The rehearsal process has been so challenging, liberating, and a truly educational experience. I am finally starting to feel the growth of my character and it feels gooood! It has been almost three years since I have been on stage, I am so glad to be back to it. There is something about being on stage in front of people waiting to hear a story, a story that you are going to help tell. This particular play really speaks to the actor audience relationship, especially in today's theatres. I really hope that the audiences that come see "Anton" will get it! I want to be "so vivid, and present, and heartfelt" that they will leave the theatre with a new love for the work that takes place there. Come see the show . . .

3 comments:

Lazymom said...

I cant wait to see it.

I havent been onstage (other thena play reading) in at least 5 years. It seems weird. I grew up onstage. And up until 5 years ago i had never gone more then maybe 1 1/2 yrs without doing a show. The older i get the more complicated it is to make it happen AND the more ignorant i feel about the whole process. I think that comes from living with and being around theatre "professionals". But being onstage was always something i loved ....i dont think i will ever get over that. Even if i dont ever do another play.

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to seeing your show, my girl. Always love to see you on stage. See you the weekend of May 4th.
Love and Hugs

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.