Monday, October 29, 2007

The Week I've Had!



Whew! I really wasn't sure I was going to make it to this morning. It has been a hectic last week, who am I kidding, it's been a hectic last month! I won't go there though, don't worry. Focus Lara, focus on just this LAST week. From going to the Bi-Water Pumpkin Farm to opening HAMLET to watching the leaves start to change and dressing in warmer clothes to anticipating Halloween and trying to somewhere take care of a sick little boy, my oh so tired self, AND keeping it all together while Rick went off to Toledo for 3 days!!!

That was the run on sentence of champions. Heh.

Thank goodness for the cooler weather, it really is helping me keep my wits. There is something about it, maybe it is just numbing the madness.

Opening HAMLET has been great. I really have enjoyed the cast and playing Shakespeare has been so interesting. I thought I would have to be so focused all the time that I couldn't let go and enjoy myself. But, I discovered that is not the case at all. This weekend I felt like I was hitting some kind of stride - I had a little more fun with it, ya know? I do wish more people were coming to the show. I mean, it's HAMLET for goodness sake, who doesn't want to see that? I know, remove my theatre head and put on my common person head - but still.

Bi-Water farm was fun. We hadn't been there before so we felt all excited about experiencing all they have to offer! We are such geeks . . . They had a haunted house, a petting zoo, lots of pumpkins for picture taking, a train (Aidan was so excited about that train!) AND a hayride out to the patch and the corn maze. BTW, does anyone else get the play on words there - corn maze? Get it?!

See the collage for a visual buffet of our last week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, yes . . . Fall, the best season of the year. Sorry to hear of Aidan's mishap; get some shoes on him before he catches pneumonia for gosh sakes!!

Dad

Anonymous said...

I want to see more pumpkin patch photos! I guess I'll have to wait for Halloween pics instead.

Kate