Monday, October 8, 2007

Two Weeks?

So, I have been trying to finish this book order I took in September. Ugh! I really should have it finished by now. Thankfully my customer has been very relaxed about setting a deadline! And despite the guilt over not having it finished - I am really having fun creating these pages. The subjects in the pics are beautiful and I have been trying some new things style-wise.




Sometimes, it is so hard to scrap outside your comfort zone, so I am trying to be a little more free with this process. For instance, I have played around with placement of the photos. I have also tried to come to grips with the fact that not every inch of the page needs to be embellished. It's okay to have some blank space - still having trouble with this one! Also, I have tried to use more layers and papers that don't necessarily go together. My customer told me that she doesn't want anything too frilly so restraining myself has been a challenge on some of the work as well. I think I have come up with some cute pages.

Oh, oh! How can I forget? I have used my new printer too! For the Christmas page, I printed out the tag and the striped bracket from a purchase made at Jen Wilson Designs - I LOVE her stuff. Anyway, I printed out those items on some lightweight cardstock, cut them out and added them to the page. Woo, hoo!

Should have it done in the next two weeks? I think I said that two weeks ago!!

No comments: