Sunday, August 3, 2008

Visiting Little Miss Abbie



I just got home from visiting my niece! Oh, and my sister and brother-in-law. It was SUCH a good time. A short but very sweet visit!

I did lots of Abbie holding and playing and diaper changing and just general Auntie stuff. All of it wonderful and fabulous - even the crying parts. Yes, as all babies tend to do, Abbie shed some tears. But, even in those moments, I was so happy to be there to comfort her and to help Kate.

My sister and I had a great time too. We went to dinner, and went shopping - Abbie in tow, of course and she was such a good girl. We even got to go to the movies to see Dark Knight. Matt, the awesome brother-in-law, watched the baby so we could go out. So nice! The movie was frickin amazing, even on my second viewing. But that is a discussion for another time.

Kate and I also spent some good old fashioned time at home. We caught up on our reality tv viewing. We both like Flipping Out, Tori and Dean, Project Runway, and Kathy Griffin. Thank god for my sisters DVR!

I also got to see the Dallas family, which is always nice. We went to my cousins house and visited with she and my uncle for the afternoon. Didn't get to see all of my cousins, but that's okay. Everyone is out living their lives and sometimes it's hard to get together.

Don't know when I can make it back to TX. I hate to think of Abbie growing so much and me missing it. It's also become so important to see my sister more. I just love all of them to pieces!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice little video, Lara. Thanks! Only wish I could have heard the baby. I'm glad you got to head back so soon.

Today I hope to work on that clothing 'issue'. More to follow.

Dad

Anonymous said...

Finally got to view the video. She looks happy and pretty. Thanks for sharing it with us. Saint

Anonymous said...

My trip back to Texas in July just 2 weeks before your trip back...I experienced a much different Abbie. She was still so newborn. It is true that babies change everyday in the early stages of their lives. She looks very much more active and engaged than when I was there. Isn't she just the most precious and darling baby girl? She is the 2008 baby, baby!!

So happy you could spend fun time with Kate and Matt.
Love and Hugs-Mom