Wednesday, August 13, 2008

School Days: Let it Begin!


I just got back from walking Olivia to school. It's a beautiful morning and not too far to hoof it, so we set out at about 7:30am. Livi loves to walk to school and while we are close enough and I have the time in the morning, I really try to make it happen.

Of course, she was up at about 5:30 this morning - so excited about getting back to school! We planned her outfit last night. She chose it, I approved it. It was not what I picked out, but I guess we are coming up on that phase sooner than I'd like.

Livi informed me that she doesn't want to take a backpack to school this year. She wants to use her Jonas Brothers tote bag. It is an adorable bag, but I am worried that it won't be practical. "Oh, Mommy!" was Liv's response to that!

Once we got to school, we found out that Olivia could go straight to the library to participate in the morning news program. This was something that she participated in last year and really enjoyed. She was excited to get to start off the first day on camera. Is she my kid or what!?

We ran into a friend and classmate right away - Keeley. She and Livi have been great friends since first grade. They have lots of fun together and this year, they will be in class together.

We had to get a picture with her teacher, Ms. Patrick. She seems so nice and so full of energy. I know Olivia is really going to like her.


















I will be thinking about my baby all day long, and sending her good vibes to start the year off right!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your 'little baby' is really starting to grow up, kiddo. In typical alpha male fashion it only just now occurs to me what's been nagging my subconcious since I looked at the first Disney pictures - her haircut!! Very ma-ture . . . and attractive.

Keep an eye on her for all us to make she doesn't just skip the whole pre-teen thang and leap right into Generation whatever they're going to call themselves that none of the rest of us will get!?

Dad

Anonymous said...

So glad you called this morning to fill me in on the first day back.
I know she will have a great new school year...yeah 4th grade!

Love and Hugs, Mom

Anonymous said...

Well now, is there a prettier 4th grader any place around. You look very pretty and I must say Grandpa is a little prejudice when he says there is not a prettier 4th grader. Have a good year and we will try to get out to KY to see you. Love, Grandpa Saint and Mimi