Saturday, September 22, 2007

Chicago


What a great town! This is my third trip to the Windy City and I have truly loved it everytime. I am lucky enough to go on the 8th grade trip to Chicago every year. The students and chaperones hit the ground running the minute we got there - lunch at the Museum of Science and Industry, the IMAX movie at the museum and, of course, time to explore the museum. Then, it's off to check into the hotel and back out to Navy Pier for dinner. After dinner, we hit the Chicago Theatre Downstairs for a really funny performance of "Shear Madness." On the second day, we just don't stop! Early arrival at the Rainforest Cafe for a really delicious breakfast (the BEST meal of the whole trip!) and then we hit the Field Museum, the Aquarium/Oceanarium, the Art Institute and, whew! - a break for a meal. It really was fun and I enjoyed the Field Museum and Art Institute very much. On the second evening we saw "The Blue Man Group." Lots of loud music, performance art and toilet paper! We left Chicago with a Hard Rock Cafe breakfast. 6 hours later, and we were back in Lexington, KY.

I wish I had some other fantastic story to tell, but it was pleasantly uneventful. The students were well behaved and fun loving. The chaperones were wonderful company, and I enjoyed getting to know my colleagues a little better.

So, until next September - thanks Chicago!

No comments: