Saturday, September 15, 2007

Hannah Montana Madness!


Whew! What an almost nightmare. Hannah Montana tickets went on sale this morning at 10am. My friend, Molly and I left my house at 9am to go get in line at Kroger's ticketmaster. We tried to choose a Kroger that we thought would be reasonably crowded, rather than the mad house that might be at other Kroger locations. We walk in and find out we are 14th in line. Not too bad, right? I am optimistic! I have my husband primed and ready on the computer at home and he is to call me with updates. 10am finally arrives and the line SLOWLY starts to move. By approx 10:10 there were only groups of three tickets left (the limit was 4), by 10:15 it was down to two tickets per person and by 10:17 singles only!! Only 5 people had gotten through our line at this point!!!! By 10:20 it was all over - SOLD OUT! I couldn't believe it. How was I going to go home without these tickets?? I was sick to my stomach. I kept thinking about all the disappointed little girls in Lexington. The 500 people that were in line at Rupp Arena - WHO BOUGHT THE TICKETS? Seriously, if we weren't gettin em, who the hell was? Mind blowing, big time mind blowing. Still, off I went to break the news to my baby. Get home, and the waterworks begin. It was AWFUL.

Sooooo, later that day . . .

The tears have stopped and we are still mad, still disappointed but trying to move on. We get a phone call from my friend Molly. Turns out she has a friend who has more tickets than she needs and did I want in? YE-AH!!!

I don't know what kind if luck has been sent our way, but oh boy, are we grateful!

So, there you are. We are going to the concert. Thank goodness.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm in Oklahoma City and we had the same madness here w/the Hannah Montana tickets. Fortunately we got really good seats during the presale. Have fun!

Lazymom said...

Take that arena rock.....tween pop can out sell anyone.

Glad you guys got your tix....but man at what a price!!!