Monday, March 16, 2009

Back at it!

So I have made a vow to myself that I will try to post at least three times a week. This will mean that some posts will be interesting and wonderful, and some will be - well, not so much!

Soooo much has been going on lately. I just finished directing "You're A Good Man Charlie Brown," acting in "Rabbit Hole," and teaching the third term of the school year. Charlie Brown was wonderful; great cast, great audience, great design elements - see the pic. Rabbit Hole was also a wonderful experience. I LOVED my cast, they were talented and amazing the work with. I miss playing Becca. What a great role to play. School has been going well. So much of what I have been up to has been tied to the high school show. Busy, busy.

I have been tinkering with back up vocals in a band these last few months. It has been really fun and educational. I have learned so much about harmonizing, listening to the instruments, and communicating with musicians. Haven't done those things in a loooong time, if ever! Our first gig is April 11th and I can't WAIT!!

Livi and Aidan are doing great. Olivia is still playing the guitar. Everything from her own original stuff to Nirvana to Taylor Swift to Jimmy Buffet!! She just finished up a great season of UpWard basketball. See the video below:

Aidan is going to be 4 this Saturday, 4 years old!!! He is wild and sweet as ever. LOVE that kid!

Rick is busy keeping the theatre going. That is an ALL the time job! I hope the poor guy doesn't have a stroke before summer.

So, yeah - that's us. The quick version anyway!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! You guys really have been on the G-O. Keep reminding us about the singing and the Opening. Sounds like a lot of work AND fun. CONGRATS on the play(s); 'directing' and performing all in the same season. I'll keep an eye out for a medal!

Dad

SweetBrier Scraps said...

Thanks, Dad! I will simply accept the new title of "Super Woman!"

Anonymous said...

Welcome Back, good to hear from you and enjoy the blogs and videos we get to see. Will keep looking for future blogs and always are interested in whats happening. Will see you all on 27 Mar. Looking forward to it. Love to all, Saint and Shirley

Anonymous said...

Lara Honey, you have always been a super STAR to me. Congrats on your many performances, nice write-ups in the paper and the audio interview was great! I am proud of the way you manage everything and everyone so nicely (you are a delight to those that work with you). Can't wait to hear more vocals with your Jazz group...I heard your beautiful voice.
Love, Mom