Friday, June 13, 2008

And the Summer Begins!

What a summer it has been so far. SO busy! The minute the school year ended, I hit the ground running. I took on the props position for AGL and their summer show, The Merry Wives of Windsor. It was a bit over my head I have to admit. Some items, I just couldn't find and they have to be built, eek! I am no carpenter and certainly not an electrician, so I did the best I could and begged for help elsewhere! With a little stress and a lot of luck, everything was finished in time for opening night. Whew!

The big news in the family was the birth of my niece, as seen in the post below. We traveled to Dallas, Texas - yes, we drove - on June 4th. My sister was induced that day and we made it just in time for her c-section. What an awesome trip! A new little life to celebrate and I got to see family that I don't get to see that often.

The next event on our minds is Olivia's birthday party. She is going to be NINE YEARS OLD!! Woa. She is amazing, what a great girl if I do say so myself. Her party is going to be a swimming/sleepover party with a dash of the Jonas Brothers thrown in. "Camp Rock" is premiering on the Disney Channel so the girls are going to watch it at the party. For those of you who don't know - "Camp Rock" is a Disney Channel movie that the Jonas Brothers rock band will be starring in. It is the much anticipated tween event of the summer!

Our big trip of the summer will be next on the calendar - DISNEY WORLD! We are counting down (Yes, I am a total nerd and I made this countdown on photoshop! The Mickey heads are paint chips from the paint section at Home Depot - they have Disney paint) to a trip that will include a long drive, some quality time, and some awesome rides. We can't wait!

No comments: