Thursday, December 13, 2007

I have a Hannah Hangover!

What a night!! Olivia & I had the BEST time at the Hannah Montana concert. We started the evening with friends at Applebees. There is a brand new one really close to our house and since we got there at five, no one was really there yet. We got a nice big table and had half price apps! Then, it was off to the concert. Heading towards downtown was a lot more congested than I expected. I guess almost everyone in Lexington was driving toward Rupp. Anyway, working downtown, I know some short cuts so we got to our parking lot pretty quick. We did have to walk a few blocks to get to the mega center that holds not only Rupp Arena, but also a huge shopping center, food court and the Lexington Convention Center.

Once in the building, I thought it would be really crowded, but it wasn't that bad. We did have to stand in a really squished area to get into the actual concert arena, but it moved quickly. Off we went to find our seats. I knew they were going to be high up, but OMG - I didn't expect it to be THAT high! We were so high up that the seats weren't individual anymore, they were bleacher seats. But, we were pretty close to the stage considering the size of Rupp.

Before very long, Jonas Brothers started to play and they were AMAZING! Really, entertaining and seemingly good musicians. Oh, and absolutely adorable too! They played for thirty minutes (not long enough in my opinion) and then we had a break.


Livi, her friend Marlowe and I went out to hit the bathroom and buy a t-shirt. We were in line for t-shirts for about 20 minutes and we started to hearing screaming from the arena. Then, we heard Hannah Montana's voice start to sing! Ugh, we were almost to the front of the hellish t-shirt line!! We decided to stay in line and miss the first song, but the girls were disappointed. Luckily, they got over it!

All in all, it was an awesome concert. Loads of talent on that stage for sure. I walked in a semi-fan and walked out completely hooked!


These are some pics from the evening. Lots of excitement, screaming and general fun!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great time for everyone! Wish I could have been there to see Olivia's excitement. The photos are pretty telling though :) Glad you guys had a fun Mommy/Daughter event.

Anonymous said...

Meanwhile back at the house, Aidan and I were destroying Donato's and loudly burping all night long, which he thought was hysterically funny, till about 7:45 PM when he picked up his trains and said, "I wanna take my trains to be daddy." Then he crashed...Good time was had by all!!

Love
Rickey

Anonymous said...

That should say "I wanna take my trains to bed daddy"...damn me for leaving out letters...

Peace
R

Anonymous said...

OH . . . MY . . . GAWD!!! How TOTALLY AWESOME . . . dudettes.
(I guess this Hannah Dakota (or whatever) is gonna' be around awhile, eh?!)

Love - Dad.