Thursday, December 6, 2007

Bazaar Bazaar


I am donating a bunch of lunch paper bag books and scrapped photo mats to my schools Bazaar this week. Last night I spent the evening - okay, it was really late into the night but I didn't want to sound too crazy for being so compulsive about it all looking right! - putting together the books and mats, some samples (so people will know what to do with the product once they get it home) and a little framed sign that outlined prices and the fact that I will take custom orders. I also grabbed some cards for potential customers to have and hopefully, use!

Last year, I donated four lunch paper bag books and they sold like hot cakes. So, the lady that organized the bazaar asked me if I would do it again. My hope is that since I generated two orders out of that little bit of exposure, so maybe this year I'll get a few more?

Right now, I am working on the first of three books in an order for a lady who wants a Christmas gift for her husband and then birthday gifts for her kids. Yay! I was so happy to get this gig because this woman is a complete stranger. I feel like I am on my way now that I am working for someone who is not a family member or co-worker! We'll see where this bazaar takes me . . .

1 comment:

Lazymom said...

Are we on for tomorrow night? tim emailed rick yesterday so im just checking. 5? 5:30?6?