Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Wingardium Leviosa!


Olivia was so excited to be Hermione today! It is Book Week at Cassidy this week and today was "Dress Up as Your Favorite Book Character" day. At first Olivia wanted to be Julie, the latest American Girl doll/character. Problem was, we didn't have any 70s looking clothing for Livi to wear. So, she decided to be Hermione. Which really fits her a little better given the fact that she LOVES Harry Potter right now. She is on book three and gives me a regular update on how many pages she has read.

The cape is from my costume closet at school. Thank goodness I am a Drama teacher and have costumes at my disposal! We printed the patch offline and I made the tie. I know, it's a little weird looking but I don't do ties. You should have seen us skulking around in the dark last night, searching for the perfect twig for a wand. Oh, the things we do for the most fabulous costume.

So, here she is as Hermione, messy hair and all!

Good News! As of this afternoon, Olivia is the second place winner for Best Book Character in her 3rd grade class - that's 97 students! Woo Hoo!! Her prize is to have a lunch date with one of the guest author's for Book Week.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wingardium Leviosa to you! Olivia you are in perfect character. You are a great reader and I love to read with you. Reading keeps us informed, teaches us new things, brings fun and adventure etc. etc... My advice is to read as much as time will allow and as many different topics as possible.
Love you!

Lazymom said...

What a great character!!!
Personally, i think Olivias hair looks good even "messy".