Saturday, February 16, 2008

More Layouts and Playdates






I finally finished the book order I have been working on for the last few months. I am SO thrilled with the result. I pushed myself to explore a new style and to use more vibrant colors than usual. I tend to use more vintage looking papers, but this client wanted colors that pop. Using those types of colors really shift the style of the layouts, at least I think they do! I also tried to use materials that I hadn't used before. I used lots more chipboard and, I can't believe I did this, I used my OWN handwriting! Eek! Yep, I did, really. Anyway, I am so excited about the books and about the new discoveries I made while making them. Yay, me!

This past week was mid-winter break for me. I was so looking forward to some quiet, just for me time. That time that all us moms dream of. But, it ended up being a few snow days for Olivia, preceded by a sick day! Once she was well we had fun, we got to spend time together that we don't normally have. One of the days, she invited her friend Grae over. They played and we made Valentine cookies. They had a blast icing them, well - EATING the icing really! The cookies turned out really cute after all the finger licking and we delivered some yummy treats to Livi's teachers on V - Day.

No comments: