Friday, April 3, 2009

Aidan's 4th Birthday Party



Aidan's first birthday party with little friends went off without a hitch! It was last Saturday, 10am to noon and it was SO much fun. I was a little worried that it would just be two hours of chaos, but it ended up that we had the whole place to ourselves for almost an hour! Oh, we were at Chuck E. Cheese btw. This was Aidan's request. He really wanted to have his party with the mouse!



All of Aidan's friends and their parents arrived by 10:15, and they just jumped right into playing games, riding rides, and climbing thru the tunnel on the ceiling. Thank goodness the parents stayed with their kids because there was no way I was gonna be able to keep up with them! They are fast!!


I knew going in that I was gonna have to just go with the flow. I am so glad I prepared myself. Sitting down to eat pizza turned out to be an up and down affair! The kids were so distracted that they just could not sit still and eat. No problem though, I kinda figured that would happen so - I just went to my happy place and let it roll! Same thing happened with the cake and ice cream eating. Some of the parents offered to help get the kids settled down, but what was the point? They were having fun and that's what it was all about. I wasn't upset at all that they were all over the place!


Aidan was so excited to open his presents. He was really looking forward to that part! He got some great stuff from his pals. The trend these days is to say no presents, but isn't that part of the birthday fun? I mean, I don't think you need to spend an arm and a leg, but no presents at all? At this age, I am not sure how I feel about that.

Anyway, it was a great time and I really enjoyed getting to know some of Aidan's preschool buddies better.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW, looks like he had a great party. So glad it was a happy day for him.
Such a sweet 4 year old boy!
Love him so much...
Grandy